207 N Gilbert Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85234
Photographic Arts Lab
Workshop and Portfolio Sharing: February 13, 9am - 6pm
Join us for a day of PhotoTapas where we celebrate the art of photography with these activities.
• 9 – 9:30am, Check-in, Registration, and Meet & Greet with coffee, tea, pastries
• 9:30 – 9:40, Introduction and Welcome
• 9:40 – 10:30am, Lecture on Gathering the Remnants & 100 Years 100 Ranchers with Scott Baxter
• 10:40 – 11:30, Photogravure Lecture & Demo with Karen Hymer. Small original prints made on-demand by Karen Hymer to follow through lunch for an additional
• 11:40am – 12:30pm, Lumen Print Talk and Demo with Ken Rosenthal. Participants are free to make their own lumen prints through lunch.
• 12:30 – 1:30pm, Lunch on your own, Lumen Printing, Photogravures by Karen Hymer, 100 Years 100 Ranchers Book-signing, The City Book-signing
• 1:40 – 2:30pm, Photobooks after Funding Panel Talk with William W. Fuller, P.S. Studios, Roswell Bookbinding and Ken Rosenthal. The City book signing
• 2 :40 – 3:30pm, Gina Santi discusses her images and experiences photographing the exhibition, Dancing Devils of Yare, in Gallery 4.
• 3:30 – 4pm, Spanish Tapas on our patio
• 4 – 6:00pm, Portfolio Walk in the Art Intersection Galleries – This activity is free and open to the public to view
Art Intersection North and South Galleries
Exhibition - January 16 to February 27
Gallery Hours - Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 6pm
The North and South Galleries at Art Intersection will feature a solo show of work from "The City", a project and upcoming book by William Fuller. For
over 35 years Fuller has been exploring cities, photographing their architectural form and beauty with his black and white film, and large-format camera.
This exhibition will coincide with the publication of Fuller’s first book, "The City", scheduled for release in January 2016.
The opening reception is Saturday, January 16 from 6 - 8pm, where Bill will have his book for sale for the first time after his successful Kickstarter.
Reception - Saturday, February 6, 6-8pm
Exhibition - February 9 to April 9
Gallery Hours - Tuesday - Friday 2 - 6pm, Saturday, 10am - 6pm
"Dancing Devils of Yare", by photographer, anthropologist, and educator Gina Santi, brings images and stories of her experiences photographing this religious
festival recognized by UNESCO as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Art Intersection Photo Arts Lab
Workshop - Saturday and Sunday, February 20 and 21
In this hands-on workshop, Jennifer presents the history and process of albumen printing. Students will learn how to make albumen and coat paper with albumen,
then sensitize paper with silver nitrate, print and tone with selenium. Each student will be able to leave with their own batch of albumen, and a few
of their own albumen prints.
"Albumen Lecture by Jennifer Schlesinger
Lecture - Friday, February 19, 6:30-8pm
Jennifer Schlesinger will give a lecture on her artistic practice and choice of the albumen medium. Jennifer Schlesinger is an artist, curator, and
educator based out of Santa Fe, New Mexico. For the past 5 years her artistic medium of choice has been the 19th Century Albumen process and her
work mostly focuses on the landscape and how humans philosophically interact with the natural world around them.